With Spring Weather blooming and State Testing about to be over – how are you going to actively engage your students in learning through the end of the year?
Try some of these fun engaging activities – or share a fun engaging activity you found or created yourself!
- Code.org has MANY resources to learn and “play” with coding. On the teacher page, they offer teaching resources, lesson plans and suggestions by grade band.
- Genius Hour. Learn all about Genius Hour and get some great ideas for using it in your class.
- A great video from John Spencer to introduce students to Genius Hour.
- Genius Hour has three rules:
- Students must start with an essential question that cannot be answered with a simple Google search.
- Students must research their question using reputable websites, interviews, and/or print resources.
- Students must create something. Their product may be digital, physical or service-oriented.
More interactive engaging ways to teach and learn
- Interactive teaching activities
- Interactive classroom ideas
- Reading specific engagement activities
- High School and beyond
Submission: Share the activity you chose to do with your students and tell us how it went. If you have pictures – include them 🙂